Kit contents and preparation
Once you have been certified to perform oral fluid collections, your home office will supply oral fluid collection kits from ExamOne.
Each kit contains:
- Oral fluid collection device
- Subject information pamphlet
- Absorbant pad for shipping
- Collection procedures
- Laboratory ID slip
- Pre-addressed and pre-paid shipping box
Preparation for collection
- Explain the test procedure to the proposed insured.
- Provide proposed insured instructions if desired.
- Confirm the proposed insured has not had anything in his or her mouth for 10 minutes prior to providing the oral fluid sample. If the proposed insured has had anything in his or her mouth within the 10 minute time frame, wait 10 minutes to begin the collection process.